Motorcycle Roadworthy Melbourne

Here at Intune Motorcycle Services, we offer full motorcycle roadworthy checks in accordance with VicRoads Motorcycle Registration requirements.

For more details, or to book in your RWC check,contact us on (03) 9879 6688 or via the enqiry form below.

Request a Roadworthy

Buying and Selling Your Motorbike

If you are buying or selling your motorcycle, you will need a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC). A RWC is required to transfer or register a motorcycle into either your name or the person’s name who is purchasing your bike. It is an official certificate provided by a VIC Roads licensed tester stating that your motorcycle has met specific standards of safety and compliance set by relevant authorities.

The cost of the RWC is $245 (GST Incl).

Please Note: a RWC is not a condition report or warranty certificate.

InTune Motorcycles Services is aVicRoads accredited licensed tester.

  • Buying

    When looking at purchasing a pre-owned motorbike, InTune recommends you ensure the vehicle has an up to date RWC.
    RWC are only available from the 2500 Licensed Vehicle Testers across Victoria, which includes InTune Motorcycle Services. For the purpose of a transaction, the RWC is current for a 30 day period from the date of issue. What is important to remember is that a RWC is issued from an inspection or testing which mainly covers major safety related items and is not a check of the overall mechanical reliability or general condition of the motorbike.

    A Roadworthy Certificate in not:

    • A guarantee that the vehicle is in top condition without any wear or deterioration.
    • A check of the operation of non-safety related accessories.
    • A guarantee that the items checked during the roadworthy inspection will continue to function after the inspection e.g. a brake light can stop functioning at any time after the inspection.
  • Selling

    We highly recommend that if you are planning to sell a motorcycle, you should provide a RWC in order to make it easier to sell your motorcycle. We conduct our testing on premises at InTune Motorcycles.  We perform our Roadworthy inspections in a fair and transparent manner in compliance with all relevant authorities. If you have an appointment, we are able to complete your Roadworthy Testing while you wait.

    The Roadworthy Testing is a check of the motorbike to ensure that the key components are in a fit condition for safe road use. It includes:

    • wheels and tyres
    • steering, suspensions and braking systems
    • seats
    • lights and reflectors
    • vehicle structure
    • other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
  • Roadworthy Certificate Near Me

    We are based in Ringwood but people come from all over Melbourne and regional Victoria to take advantage of our expertise and dedication to quality customer service and integrity. You can just go for any old cheap roadworthy certificate or you can go with an expert for a reasonable price - the choice is yours to make, but not hard to guess which is better value for money in the long run!

    All RWC testing must be done at a licensed mechanics workshop. We are indeed Licensed Testers and are able to inspect and issue your green Certificate of Roadworthiness with maximum efficiency and to the highest standards.

  • Roadworthy Inspection Details

    As licensed testers, we are obliged under law to execute your inspection according to the official Victorian standards and requirements. We run through the standard checklists, checking the details of your vehicle thoroughly. The main idea is to determine whether the vehicle components are in in compliant condition to ensure safety on our roads. This means checking for parts wear and deterioration and proper functioning of the vehicle functionality as it relates to safety. It is not a guarantee of future mechanical reliability but is specific to safety issues. Almost all bikes can be modified (improved) to achieve a favourable and legally compliant result.

  • Certificate of Roadworthiness

    In Victoria a certificate of roadworthiness is generally required when a vehicle is sold or reregistered or as part of a mandatory periodic inspection requirement for a bus or taxi.

    In some cases a certificate of roadworthiness is also required to clear a Vehicle Defect Notice.

    A certificate of roadworthiness can only be issued by a Licensed Vehicle Tester operating from a nominated facility such as a garage or service station.

    Before a certificate of roadworthiness can be issued for a vehicle, the vehicle must be inspected and found to be free of wear or deterioration or alterations that would make it unsafe for normal use on the road.

    A roadworthiness inspection is not a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition of the vehicle. If a comprehensive check of the overall condition of the vehicle is required, you should arrange for a separate independent report.

  • A roadworthiness inspection is also not a complete assessment of a vehicle’s compliance with the standards for registration which, in most cases, are the Australian Design Rules (ADRs).

    The ADRs are a set of minimum standards for the construction of motor vehicles and trailers. In most cases compliance with these standards cannot be assessed by inspection alone.

    The cost of obtaining a Certificate of Roadworthiness will depend on a variety of items such as the age, type and condition of the vehicle being examined. Accordingly the fee can vary significantly and it is wise to seek a quote for the cost of the inspection before you authorise the inspection to take place.

    A certificate of roadworthiness is current, for the purposes of a transaction, for 30 days from the date of issue.

    View VicRoads Vehicle Standards Information